Time: 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. (Registration opens at 12:30 p.m.)
Location:?Vancouver, BC (False Creek neighbourhood)
Registration fee: $250
Reconciliation Dialogue Workshop: Professional Learning Experience is a half-day workshop that will provide community leaders with the opportunity to engage in dialogue and reflect on the core values of reconciliation, allowing for a new generation of leaders who consciously and thoughtfully choose to live and work in reconciliation. Given the shared desire for a new way forward in Canada, reconciliation is critical in building an inclusive and just society. The Reconciliation Dialogue Workshop: Professional Learning Experience?the first of its kind in Canada.
What will you take away?
- Understanding of our shared Canadian history, including but not limited to, the history and legacy of the Indian Residential School system
- Knowledge of the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, and the TRC Final Report and Calls to Action
- Skills needed to develop your own reconciliation action plan and to become a reconciliation leader in your community or organization
- Strategies to develop and integrate a reconciliation framework within organizational culture
Who should attend?
- Organizational leaders looking for reconciliation training opportunities for yourself and/or your team members
- Community members who would like to integrate reconciliation practices into their own lives and circles of influence
- Individuals with an interest in social impact, and bringing reconciliation practices to community-based activities
You will come away from this workshop with awareness of your personal outlooks and internal lenses that influence your perception of current realities and circumstances, and ideas on how to take individual and organizational action to further reconciliation in Canada.
For those who work for larger organizations and would like a workshop that is tailored to your organization, consider booking a Reconciliation Dialogue Workshop. Click here for more information.
If you are unable to attend this Reconciliation Dialogue Workshop: Professional Learning Experience, and would like to attend a future session, please leave send a message using the Contact Us form below. Let us know if there are particular dates, locations or times that would allow you to attend future sessions.